Here are some examples, grouped by broad theme, of student research that has recently been approved by Adler's Research Review (Ethics) Committee:
On Psychology and Newcomers:
- Experiences with Counselling – For Individuals within the South Asian Community.
- The Difference Between Newcomers Who Seek Help As Opposed to Who Don’t in Terms of Stigma Towards Mental Health.
- Psychological Effects affiliated with systemic barriers experienced by newcomer women in Toronto.
- Sexual offender’s perceptions on early life experiences: role, gender and forms of attachment between mother and father.
- A Glance at Attachment bonding in families with children with Disruptive Behaviours.
- The effect of family ties on the resilience of homeless youth.
- Patriarchal versus Matriarchal Dominant Households, and the Influence on Behavioural and Moral Mindset of Offspring.
- Self-Help: Impact and Efficacy on Marital Discord.
- How do prosocial video games influence the behaviour, family dynamics and interpersonal relationships of a child with behaviour issues?
- Parental perception of iPad use in preschoolers.
- A qualitative analysis on the experience of pregnancy loss in women after 24 weeks gestation.
- The Experience of Alzheimer’s Disease: Through the Caregiver.
- The Communication of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus to Children: A Pilot Study.
- Investigating the effects of gender and online support for individuals experiencing anxiety.
- Affective, anxiety, and perfectionistic response to positive and negative feedback: A qualitative study of gender, interpersonal, and societal factors in individuals with perfectionism.