24 September 2008

It's the Economy, Stupid

For me, it's 1991 all over again. Today, yet another client cancelled a scheduled engagement because of economic belt-tightening. That's the fifth cancellation this year, all because of economic conditions, representing a 50% drop in my income this year compared to last. 50%! Given that the economies in both Canada and the U.S. has been managed (and I use that term loosely) by right-wing, neo-liberal economics, I would say that the term "Conservative" is a misnomer.

For me, an ordinary Canadian, Harper's fiscal policies have been disastrous. Would I take a risk on Dion? Well, he certainly couldn't be much worse than Harper and his puppet finance minister, Jim Flaherty, who, come to think of it, really fucked things up in this province under Harper prototype, Mike Harris. I would risk Dion, Layton, May... hell, bring back Paul Martin!

Or, to paraphrase a certain campaign slogan, I'm not better off with Harper!

[Technorati tags: | | ]

No comments: